Our work includes all forms of reconstructions, from in-house solvent reorganizations to reorganizations designed to avoid formal insolvency. In connection with financial distress and pre-bankruptcy circumstances, we assist banks and private equity funds facing various types of business crisis situation both from a business and credit perspective.
We have the expertise to support in all types of transactions and to advise on all types of insolvency proceedings, specializing in multi jurisdictional proceedings, including:
- restructurings and rescue securitizations;
- moratoriums and stand-still;
- rescheduling of debts, debt to equity swaps and other forms of capital restructuring
- restructuring by means of corporate finance transactions (buy-outs, M&A, new equity investment), corporate restructurings avoiding formal insolvency procedures (schemes of arrangements) and restructurings through insolvency processes (bankruptcy sales and purchases);
- structured receiverships.
Besides getting involved as companies are in financial troubles, we also frequently advise on other transactions such as advice which may include assessing insolvency risk and introducing measures into the structuring and drafting of a deal in order to get protection against a subsequent counterparty insolvency.