Transports & Logistics
Today, actors in the Transport & Logistics Industry find themselves in an environment undergoing profound changes: skyrocketing prices of raw materials, hardening of regulatory and environmental constraints, globalisation and the intensification of the cross-border flow of goods linked to the widespread opening up of competition, expansion of the e-commerce industry.
Mazars accompanies diverse actors of the Transport & Logistics Industry throughout each phase of their development. Our teams, at the forefront of technical standards, combine both a deep knowledge of the major issues facing your sector and an intricate understanding of the individual challenges your organisations must surmount and thus provide you with the support and tailor-made solutions you need to succeed.
Transport & Logistics encompasses a broad range of businesses including transporters and shippers. Despite this diversity, there are clearly some common developments and challenges affecting many of the actors of this industry. Mazars has combined its extensive experience and wide range of expertise to develop tailored solutions to help T&L companies tackle these challenges.
Hands-on solutions to increase your performance and reach your goals
Optimising production costs and financial performance
- Working capital requirement (WCR) and cash management optimisation;
- Hedge foreign currency exchange rate and raw materials risk exposures.
Seizing market opportunities | Enhancing your market presence
- Support to establish businesses or extend footprint into emerging and growth markets taking local specificities into account;
- Identify new partnerships (including public-private partnerships (PPPs) and acquisitions as a means of developing your company, product range or international presence;
- Secure your development and acquisition projects.
Securing your operations
- Implement or optimise your anti-corruption policy;
- Help you managing your subsidiaries by providing coordinated services in audit, accounting and tax in more than 70 countries.
- Internal Controls, risk management;
- Conduct an exhaustive data review to improve the decision-making process while limiting the risk of fraud.
Improving operational performance
- Optimise your IT system;
- Support in setting up and optimising shared services centre (SSCs);
- Manage and optimise your transfer pricing policies and procedures.
Mazars offers an international and multidisciplinary team of experts with the latest professional expertise supplemented by the practical experience that comes with years in the business. Our approach is not restricted to a fixed set of 'cookie cutter solutions'. We consider the full spectrum of possibilities within the unique context of your organisation. We are fully conscious of the complex rules and regulations affecting your organisation and have access to relevant networks of experts around the world so we can deliver the highly specialised expertise you need.
Want to know more?
Mazars' Transport & Logistics practice brings together multidisciplinary teams from all over the world united by their expertise and experience in this complex and fast-changing industry. Our teams have decades of experience working with the diverse actors that make up this sector, from logistics providers and freight forwarders to airport authorities and railway operators.
"Virtuous" models of urban logistics
The issue of sustainable urban logistics is increasingly being taken up by local authorities. Mazars was mandated by a French regional government to accompany them as they sought to develop "virtuous" models of urban logistics.
TNT Express: Auditing 40 countries worldwide
Mazars was mandated by a leading international logistics provider to coordinate and perform statutory audits of local financial statements in 40 different countries.