The worldwide automotive market is at its height and is experiencing steady growth. However, this growing industry is changing at two paces: In western countries, the automotive industry is dealing with a mature market, impacted by a complex and turbulent economic environment, where growth is driven by vehicle replacement. And in emerging countries, the market offers many growth opportunities, fuelled by a fast-growing middle class and the development of road infrastructures.
Acting in this dual environment, the automotive market players are looking for new industrial organization models in order to optimize and reduce the cost of their current production structures. In the meantime, it is necessary that they to develop technical innovation to strengthen and ensure their competitiveness on the market.
Mazars works with international clients across the automotive industry – manufacturers, suppliers, dealers – to improve performance, fuel growth and implement practical solutions to today’s complex challenges. Our specialised capabilities and deep industry expertise make us an ideal partner for our automotive clients.
Proven expertise covering the entire automotive industry supply chain and ecosystem
Tailored services to meet the challenges of an evolving industry
Seize market opportunities | Enhance your market presence
- Financial advisory (capital increase, initial public offering…)
- External growth and strategic partnership assistance and advisory (M&A, due diligences…)
- Financial, legal and tax support for the establishment of subsidiaries abroad
- Support in safeguarding, structuring, optimizing, and documenting transfer prices
Secure your operations | Manage your risks
- Internal control, risk management
- Exchange and raw material stock market prices
- Contracts audit (guarantees, commercial resources…)
- Anti-corruption systems implementation support, optimisation and certification
Increase your performance
- Working capital requirement (WCR) and cash management optimisation and advice
- Reverse factoring programs optimisation and implementation assistance
- Shared Services Center (SSC) support and optimisation
- Setting-up and implementing a green strategy
- Tax planning
Meet your financial reporting obligations| Improve your financial communications
- Financial audit
- Business assets valuation
- Ensure accuracy of published financial information (Italian GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP)
- Accounting support
Dedicated experts to help you achieve your potential in an increasingly interconnected market
“The worldwide automotive industry is increasingly interconnected. Our global multidisciplinary teams support our clients in responding to the demands of this ever-changing market“
David Chaudat, Global Head of Manufacturing
Want to know more?
Mazars has wide-ranging experience in the automotive industry, from working with manufacturers, suppliers and dealers.
All automotive groups possess a captive finance subsidiary enabling them to finance some of their business activities, including loans to customers. For example, PSA has bank PSA Finance and General Motors, GMAC. These financial entities can manage up to 30% of vehicle purchases, but this differs depending on manufacturers and the market situation.
Worldwide bribery risk assessment
Our client is a major automotive OEM. Although production largely takes place in the UK, the company has a presence in the majority of countries across the world either through purchasing activity, direct sales or through its franchise network of dealerships. Mazars was selected to review the company’s ethical processes and procedures with reference to new legislation introduced in the UK.
Reorganised, checked and certified inventory
Our client sells buses produced by the parent company and performs repairs and maintenance for the Group's buses. The service quality is of high importance as the brands serviced are premium brands. Mazars designed new procedures for stocktaking, staff training and warehouse organisation for the client.
Auditing sales incentive contracts
Our client is an international car manufacturer with an extensive sales network in France which is almost exclusively composed of franchisees.