Mazars is a leading corporate finance advisor working with Italian and international clients. We provide corporate finance advisory services to a variety of stake holders in a business including entrepreneurs, corporate shareholders, management teams, private equity houses and banks.
We lead clients through a range of mid-market transactions including company sales,management buy-outs, corporate acquisitions and capital raising.
We are an active adviser creating, negotiating, structuring, and managing transactions for clients across all sectors working with owner-managed businesses and international corporations alike.
Mazars also provide Transaction Support services including due diligence reports for purchasers, funders and vendors.
We have a proven track record in helping our clients achieve their sale objectives. This is usually a blend of price maximisation, managing a swift and painless sale process and finding the right buyer to continue our client’s legacy.
Our team comprises a blend of professionally trained and experienced marketers and financially trained advisers. We operate across Italy and work hand in hand with our Corporate Finance colleagues internationally. The market for buying and selling businesses has become increasingly international and over the last year a high proportion of our sales have been to cash rich international groups.
How can we help you?
- Spend time with you to gain an in-depth understanding of your business, so we can highlight its strengths to buyers and address any weaknesses;
- prepare the company for sale to achieve maximum value - we know what buyers look for when purchasing and use this knowledge to shape businesses we are selling;
- prepare professional marketing material on your business to communicate the opportunity to potential buyers;
- identify potential purchasers using a blend of research, our knowledge of the M&A market and our proprietary; intermediary marketing contact base; we look for two things from a buyer – strategic interest and the financial strength to complete a purchase;
- market your business internationally through CFXB, Mazars’ international Corporate Finance platform;
- screen and handle buyer interest;
- negotiate the best deal – our focus is not only on the headline price, but the terms and conditions that go with it
- project manage the transaction process on your behalf;
- provide you with partner-led advice from start to finish;
- liaise with your lawyers and the other parties involved in the transaction to achieve a timely completion.
MBOs & MBIs
A Management Buy Out (“MBO”) can be a great opportunity for management teams to generate substantial personal wealth and take control of their own destiny.
Mazars corporate finance has vast experience to help management teams navigate their way through a technical, time consuming and often risky process. Managing the business while putting together a serious and professional bid to acquire it can often be intense; there are many factors that need considering including finance raising, timing, financial structures, tax planning... having a trusted advisor gives you the confidence to make the step to owning your business.
Our team helps manage the process and advises you on:
- The initial assessment of a potential transaction to assess whether it is in your best interests
- tactics for approaching the vendor – a crucial stage to make sure you are taken seriously
- the business’ value
- negotiating terms with the vendor
- preparing business and financial plans including detailed financial projections
- securing funding that matches the needs of the deal and which will work for you
- managing the due diligence process
- liaising with legal advisers
- project managing to a successful completion.
Two step MBO
The change in the M&A landscape and reduced availability of bank funding has caused many vendors to question the exit options available to them.
A two step MBO, often called a Vendor Initiated Management Buy-Out (“VIMBO”) can bridge the gap between vendors’ exit requirements and funding availability, and can be used to facilitate a full or partial exit of a business.
Mazars provides a comprehensive transaction management and advisory service to help clients looking to grow their business by acquisition.
Through our extensive contact base within and outside of Mazars and using our in-house research centre we find and create acquisition opportunities for our clients. We carry out an exclusive and confidential search for targets in Italy and across the globe to a brief agreed with you.
We have a proven ability to open doors and to help you find the right acquisition to fit with your acquisition criteria and strategic ambition.
We can help you:
- expand in your current market or markets new to you;
- identify a target acquisition;
- by providing independent valuation advice – taking into account financial and commercial benefits;
- with advice on the acquisition process - whether buying a company outright, buying part of a company, initiating a joint venture, acquiring shares or its trade and assets;
- consider the tax implications of an acquisition, for you and the vendor;
- project managing to successful completion.
Ensuring that your business has the funds it needs now and in the future is a problem facing many businesses – whether planning an acquisition or just operating within its own environment.
The right type of funding – whether that is debt, equity or a mix – and the negotiation of the terms and covenants surrounding them are crucial to the long-term security of the business. Too tight a proposition or overly bullish projections, and you will be against the ropes from round one. Ask for too much or set low performance criteria, and you may never get to the ring. You need to demonstrate the confidence and desire to succeed.
Mazars' Lead Advisory teams are dedicated to raising money for owner-managed businesses and corporates. We understand your business needs as well as the constraints you face.
We use our skills and experience to help you raise the funds you require on the best possible terms. It is a tight path to follow. It requires sophisticated modelling of both the future and your decisions, along with the flexibility to be interrogated.